In Memoriam: Yvonne H. Campbell (1979-2019)
Yvonne Campbell, a member of the Lycoming Law Association, and its Executive Committee, died unexpectedly on August 25, 2019. She was remembered during an en banc session of the Lycoming County Court of Common Pleas on December 12, 2019.
Yvonne H. Campbell, 40, of Upper Fairfield Township, died unexpectedly on August 25, 2019 at her residence.
She was born July 13, 1979, in Johnstown, a daughter of Adel A., M.D. and Jean M. (Thomas) Messeih.
Yvonne attended West Branch School, graduated from Williamsport High School, Bucknell University, and University of Pittsburgh, School of Law. She worked as a law clerk for Federal District Judge Matthew Brann, in the Williamsport office.
She enjoyed walks at the local state park with her beloved husband, Donnie and their children, Dahlia and Broderick.
Surviving are her husband, children, and mother; father and step mother, Ellen Pletcher-Quillen; and her dog, Coco-Bean.
A memorial service will be 11 a.m. Saturday, August 31, at Trinity Episcopal Church, 844 West Fourth Street, Williamsport, with Rev. Kenneth E. Wagner-Pizza officiating. A reception will follow in the church hall.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to a charity of one’s choice.
In 2018 in a voice mail to Yvonne, Broderick summed up the truth about his mother when he said: “Mummy, I love you. You are the best Mummy in the world!.....”
Arrangements are being handled by Spitler Funeral Home, Montoursville.
IN RE: LLA BAR HISTORY :
MEMORIAL RESOLUTION : NO.
YVONNE H. CAMPBELL, ESQUIRE :
REPORT AND RESOLUTIONS OF COMMITTEE
TO THE HONORABLE JUDGES OF THE ABOVE-NAMED COURT:
The Honorable Nancy L. Butts, President Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Lycoming County, 29th Judicial District, by Order dated September 16, 2019, appointed the undersigned Committee to draft Resolutions memorializing the life of Yvonne Helen Stuart Messeih Campbell, Esquire and to submit the same to this Honorable Court at a Special Resolution Memorial Service scheduled for December 12, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
The undersigned Committee submits the following Resolutions for this Honorable Court’s consideration:
- Yvonne Helen Stuart Messeih Campbell, Esquire, a member of the Bar of this Court since 2008, died unexpectedly on August 25, 2019.
- Yvonne was the wife of Donald Campbell and the mother of two children, Dahlia and Broderick.
- Yvonne was born on July 13, 1979 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, the daughter of Dr. Adel Messeih and Jean Stuart Messeih.
- Yvonne was a member of the Trinity Episcopal Church, Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
- Yvonne graduated from the Williamsport High School in 1997 and from Bucknell University in 2001 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration.
- Yvonne was employed at New York Life Insurance Company in New York, New York between 2001 and 2004.
- Yvonne also had experiences as a paralegal and a summer associate with the McCormick Law Firm, as an intern with the Lycoming County District Attorney’s Office, and as a certified legal intern with North Penn Legal Services prior to and during law school.
- Yvonne then enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law from which she graduated Cum Laude with a Juris Doctorate in 2008.
- Yvonne returned to Lycoming County after graduation from law school and secured a position as a law clerk to the late Honorable James F. McClure, Jr., United States District Judge for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. She held this position until Judge McClure’s death in December 2010.
- Following Judge McClure’s death, Yvonne served as a law clerk to the late Honorable Malcolm Muir, United States District Judge, until his death in July 2011.
- Yvonne served as the senior law clerk for the Honorable Matthew W. Brann, United States District Judge, from January 2013 until her untimely death.
- Yvonne was active in the Lycoming Law Association and served as a member of its Executive Committee; she also briefly served as a member of the board of directors of North Penn Legal Services.
- Yvonne periodically served as an adjunct professor at the Pennsylvania College of Technology, Williamsport, Pennsylvania, where she taught paralegal courses.
- Yvonne’s professional accomplishments, while significant, paled by comparison to her commitment to her family, most particularly to her children. She was an attentive, devoted and loving mother, who tried to plan nearly all of her professional and social engagements around her children and their activities.
- Yvonne’s legal acumen was recognized and appreciated by the federal judges for whom she clerked. She also radiated a sunny, vibrant personality that made her a pleasure to work with, encounter, or simply be around.
- Yvonne’s devotion to her family was recognized and appreciated by the entire community.
- Yvonne is survived by her husband, Donald Campbell, her two children Dahlia and Broderick Campbell, her mother Jean S. Messeih, and her father and step-mother, Dr. Adel Messeih and Ellen Pletcher.
NOW THEREFORE, be it resolved, that we, the undersigned, joined by the Bar of Lycoming County, do recognize the passing of Yvonne Helen Stuart Messeih Campbell, Esquire and recommend adopting the following resolutions.
BE IT RESOLVED, that in the passing Yvonne Helen Stuart Messeih Campbell, Esquire there has been a loss to the Bar of Lycoming County of an outstanding member who represented the best principles of the legal profession; a loss to the community of an active and unselfish citizen; a loss to her family of a loving wife, mother and child; and a loss to her friends of a talented and always interesting companion.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that a copy of these Resolutions be spread upon the records of this Court and that copies of the same be sent to her widower, children, and parents.
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED, that this Court and its Bar hereby extend to her widower, to her children and to her parents a deep and heartfelt expression of sympathy.
Honorable Matthew W. Brann, Chairman
Brain J. Bluth, Esquire
Jessica L. Harlow, Esquire
Jennifer L. Heverly, Esquire
Robert A. Hoffa, Esquire