In February 1961 the Lycoming Law Association published this volume, edited and compiled by Association member Marshall R. Anspach. Anspach was born in Milton, Pennsylvania on October 4, 1895 and died April 26, 1962. In the forward to the text, Anspach offered thanks to many individuals and organizations, but clearly, he was responsible for the formidable task compiling the material that forms the 353 pages of the original text. The Lycoming Law Association is indebted to Anspach for preserving the history of the organization in so comprehensive a manner.
The Bar History Committee updated of the Anspach volume in 1989. The original Anspach volume was republished along with up-to-date biographies of judges and members of the Lycoming Law Association.
In 2004, the Association began to digitalize and post the 1961 edition of Historical Sketches, along with the 1989 update. In February 2005, the project was completed. Since then, updated sketches of recently deceased members, as well as biographies of newly installed judges who sit in Lycoming County, have been added to this digital book.
A new county created
Contest over the county seat
Dirty work at the Russell Inn
Final location of the county seat
Early courts and amusing incidents
Court held at the Russell inn and Rising Sun
The First Court House
Cost of holding early courts
The Second Court House
The great cannon controversy
The 1903 addition to the Court House
Lycoming County Authority
The Fair Play System
The Courts prior to 1791
Lycoming County Courts
Illustrations - 1903 Addition to Lycoming County Court House - The first Court House - Thomas Cooper - 1860 Lycoming County Court House - 1971 Lycoming County Court House - Ellis Lewis III, LL.D. M.D.