Law Day Celebration 2017
Posted on May 7th, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Law Day 2017 was celebrated on May 5, 2017, at the Lycoming County Courthouse. The results of the Law Day 2017 Art and Essay contest are in. Click here to see the winning works.
- Reagan Tucker - Grade 1, Lyter Elementary School
- Julia Mertes - Grade 9, Montoursville High School
- Grades K-4 topic - It is important that all Americans have the same rights under the law. Describe a time when you saw somebody being treated unfairly.
- Lindsay Garber - Grade 3, Lyter Elementary School
- Alice Ravert - Grade 3, Lyter Elementary School
- Sophia Carithers - Grade 4, Central Elementary School
- Grades 5-8 topic - According to the Fourteenth Amendment, a state government cannot take away a person's life, their freedom or their property or possessions without notice and an opportunity to be heard (due process). Why is due process important?
- Emma Strickland - Grade 6, Loyalsock Middle School
- Lanie Mussina - Grade 7, McCall Middle School
- Grades 9-12 topic - How has the Fourteenth Amendment provided Americans with equal protection under the law? What areas still need improvement?
- Faith Leathers - Grade 12, Jersey Shore High School