Lycoming Law Association Committees
Committee Assignments Join a Committee Committee Reports
The work of the Lycoming Law Association is performed by its members, through its committees. Committee membership is generally open to any member of the Association, who is in good standing. Joining a committee is easy - simply click on the "Join a Committee" button, at the top of the page. Read more about each committee below.
- Executive Committee - The day to day operations of the LLA are under the control of the Executive Committee. The officers, the Lycoming Reporter Editor and four at-large members are leected by the members every year to serve on this committee. The Executive Director serves under the direct control of this committee.
- Nominating Committee - Selected every year by the LLA president to nominate candidates for the executive committee and the board of the Lycoming Law Association Foundation.
- Finance Committee - The president, president-elect, treasurer Lycoming Reporter editor and executive director serve as the finance committee. The orimary function of this committee is budgeting.
- Bench Bar - Composed of members of the Lycoming County bench and representative members of the bar. The Bench Bar Committee meets quarterly in an effort to encourage a good working relationship between the court and the bar, and to discuss issues of concern to both.
- Customs and Rules - Meets when necessary to consider new or to revise local rules of court or local customs. The work of the committee may encompass minor changes to a rule to a complete re-write of a particular body of local rules.
- Community Activities and Outreach - This committee works hand-in-hand with the Lycoming Law Association Foundation to vet grant requests and to propose worthy uses for Foundation funds. The Committee meets quarterly.
- Law Day
- Legal Services for the Indigent
- Fee Dispute
- Mock Trial
- Public Relations
- Bar History
- Technology and Website
- Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Young Lawyers Division -
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
- Family Law
- Estate, Probate and Elder Law
- Real Estate