2010 Annual Meeting
The Lycoming Law Association's annual meeting occurred on January 11, 2010, in the Lycoming County courthouse. At the meeting, the membership elected officers, received committee reports and financial information and approved the 2010 budget. Also, a resolution allowing the Executive Committee to consider a $25,000 contribution to the Lycoming Law Association Foundation was approved by the membership.
President Jonathan Butterfield gave an extensive report of his activities during the year. He also presented the recommendations of the Nominating Committee, which were approved unanimously. The President's clock to was then passed to newly elected President Mike Collins, who presided over the remainder of the meeting.
Other officers were elected as follows: President Elect - Brian J. Bluth, Secretary- J. Michael Wiley, Treasurer - Julieanne E. Steinbacher, Executive Committee - Thomas Waffenschmidt, Patricia Bowman, Joseph Musto and Robert Cronin; and Immediate Past President - Jonathan Butterfield.
Committee reports were mostly presented in writing. All reports are posted and available to the membership for review. Links to the reports are located below this article.
Financially, the LLA and the Lycoming Reporter did well in 2009 with an increase in assets of over $34,000.
The 2010 budget was approved. The budget projects expenses of $178,048.00, with an end-of-year net profit of over $15,000. The budget does anticipate a composite photograph in 2010 and portraits of new judges.
William Nichols made a motion that the Executive Committee consider donating $25,000 of its fund balance to the the LLAF to bring the LLAF assets to a total of over $200,000. After some discussion, the motion passed.
The Annual Meeting of the Lycoming Law Association Foundation followed immediately. Chairman William Nichols presided.
Eugene Yaw was reelected to a 4 year term on the Board.
The Foundation reported on its 2009 activities.
The meeting was then adjourned.
- Minutes of 2009 meeting - J. Howard Langdon
- President's report - Jonathan Butterfield
- Executive Director Report - Jessica Engel
- Nominating - Jonathan Butterfield
- Bench Bar Committee - C. Edward S. Mitchell
- Young Lawyers Division - Robert Cronin
- Bar History - Charles F. Greevy, III
- Fee Dispute - Robert Elion
- Community Activities and Outreach - Don Martino/Joel McDermott
- Education - John Pietrovito
- Elder Law - Julieanne E. Steinbacher
- Customs and Rules - Gary Weber
- Real Estate - Fred Holland
- Web site - Gary Weber
- Law Day - Judge McCoy
- Mock Trial Competition - Donald Martino
- Social - Thomas Waffenschmidt
- Unauthorized Practice of Law - Scott A. Williams
- Financial - Balance Sheet - Profit and Loss Statement all 2009 - William Knecht
- Budget - Julieanne E. Steinbacher
- Legal Services for the Indigent - John Pietrovito
- Pro Bono Report