2024 Annual Meeting Report
The Lycoming Law Association met for its annual membership meeting at the Association's office on January 8, 2024. The purpose of the meeting was to elect new officers and an executive committee member, listen to reports of the executive committee and the other Association committees, and to pass a budget. This purpose was accomplished efficiently at the scheduled time.
President Liz White opened the meeting and the minutes of the 2023 meeting and financial reports were reviewed and approved. She reviewed the accomplishments of her tenure (more completely outlined in her report, linked below).
The report of the Nominating Committee was reviewed and approved unanimously. By that action, the membership elected Joy Reynolds McCoy as President and other members of the Executive Committee as follows: President-Elect - Ryan Gardner; Treasurer - Marc Drier; Secretary - Jeana Longo; and, Jennifer Linn, Jonathan DeWald, Christopher Kenyon, Melody Protasio - At Large Members. Elizabeth A. White will serve a term as Past President.
The president's clock was then passed from Liz White to Joy McCoy, and President McCoy took up the gavel.
The first order of new business was a moment of silence for deceased members Larkin Hayman, Garth Everett, Christian Kalaus, John Gummo and William Nichols.
Executive Director Michele Frey gave her report, followed by the reports of the attending committee chairs. The written reports are linked below.
The final act of the members was to approve the 2024 budget. The meeting then adjourned.
The Lycoming Law Association Foundation then held its annual meeting. Julie Steinbacher presided due to the illness of Foundation President Robin Read.
The minutes of last year's meeting were approved, as was the financial report.
Board members Nicole Ippolito and Fred Holland were elected to new 4 year terms. The Nominating Committee noted that President McCoy and President Elect Gardner will serve as ex officio members of the board in 2024.
By way of new business, a new fund-raising initiative was introduced with a pamphlet describing different levels of giving to the Foundation. Also, a new scholarship program for Lycoming County residents pursuing a law decree was introduced. Applications are being drafted.
The meeting was then adjourned.
Lycoming Law Association Agenda & Reports
- Minutes of 2023 meeting - Secretary Marc Drier
- Financial - Balance Sheet - Profit and Loss Statement for 2023 (requires password)
- President's report - Elizabeth White
- Executive Director Report - Michele Frey
- Nominating Committee Report and Election of Officers - Elizabeth White
- Committee Reports
- Bench Bar Committee - C. Edward S. Mitchell
- Customs and Rules - Gary Weber
- Bar History - Charles F. Greevy, III
- Technology Committee and Website - Gary Weber
- Education - John Pietrovito
- Social - Dance Drier
- Young Lawyers Division - Stephanie Wolak, Blake Marks
- Community Activities and Outreach - Tammy Weber
- Law Day - Christian Frey
- Legal Services for the Indigent - John Pietrovito
- Pro Bono Report - Jennifer L. Heverly
- Fee Dispute - Mike Collins
- Unauthorized Practice of Law - Scott A. Williams
- Public Relations - Michele Frey
- Criminal Law - Robert Hoffa
- Family Law - Christina L. Dinges
- Elder, Estate, and Probate Law Committee - Elizabeth White
- Real Estate - Marc Drier
- Civil Law - Brian Bluth
- 2024 Budget - Ryan Gardner (requires password)