2011 Annual Meeting
The Lycoming Law Association's annual meeting took place on January 10, 2011, in the juror's lounge of the Lycoming County courthouse. At the meeting, the membership elected officers, received committee reports and financial information and approved the 2011 budget.
Outgoing president Mike Collins conducted the meeting. He gave an extensive report of his activities during the year.
Collins also also presented the recommendations of the Nominating Committee, which were approved unanimously. The President's clock to was then passed to newly elected President Brian Bluth. Other officers were elected as follows: President Elect - J. Michael Wiley, Secretary - Thomas Waffenschmidt, Treasurer - Julieanne E. Steinbacher, Executive Committee - Patricia Bowman, Joseph Musto, Robert Cronin and Tammy Avery Weber; and Immediate Past President - Michael Collins.
Committee reports were mostly presented in writing. All reports are posted and available to the membership for review (see links below).
The finances of the Association are in good order. The Lycoming Reporter earned $88,396.34. The net Association income totaled $52,167.50.
The 2011 budget was approved. The budget projects expenses of $186,597.81.
<imgsrc="http://www.lycolaw.org/news/articles/2011/annual/02.jpg" alt="Executive officers">The Annual Meeting of the Lycoming Law Association Foundation followed immediately. President William Nichols presided.
Joe Rider was reelected to a 4 year term on the Board.
The Foundation reported on its 2010 activities and its current financial position.
The meeting was then adjourned.
- Minutes of 2010 meeting - J. Michael Wiley
- President's report - Michael Collins
- Executive Director Report - Jessica Engel
- Nominating - Michael Collins
- Bench Bar Committee - C. Edward S. Mitchell
- Young Lawyers Division - Robert Cronin
- Bar History - Charles F. Greevy, III
- Fee Dispute - Robert Elion
- Community Activities and Outreach - Don Martino
- Education - John Pietrovito
- Elder Law - Julieanne E. Steinbacher
- Customs and Rules - Gary Weber
- Real Estate - Fred Holland
- Web site - Gary Weber
- Law Day - Robin Read
- Mock Trial Competition - John Pietrovito
- Social - Thomas Waffenschmidt
- Unauthorized Practice of Law - No report
- Muir Documentary Project - Jack Humphrey
- Financial - Balance Sheet - Profit and Loss Statement for 2010 - William Knecht
- Budget - Julieanne E. Steinbacher
- Legal Services for the Indigent - John Pietrovito
- Pro Bono Report