LLA holds 2009 Annual Meeting
The Lycoming Law Association's annual meeting took place without a hitch on January 12, 2009. At the meeting, the membership elected officers, received committee reports and financial information and approved the 2009 budget.
After presiding over the Association for a year, President Tammy Taylor exited gracefully, after providing an extensive report of her activities during the year. She passed the President's clock to newly elected President Jonathan Butterfield.
Attorney Butterfield presided efficiently over one of the shortest meetings in recent history. Committee reports were accepted as a group with comment on individual reports invited. Most committee chairs agreed to submit their reports in writing only. All reports are posted and available to the membership for review. See the reports, linked below.
Other officers were elected as follows: President Elect - Michael Collins, Secretary- J. Howard Langdon, Treasurer - Brian J. Bluth, Executive Committee - Julieanne E. Steinbacher, Thomas Waffenschmidt, J. Michael Wiley, Patricia Bowman, and Immediate Past President - Tammy L. Taylor.
Financially, the LLA and the Lycoming Reporter did well in 2009 with an increase in assets of over $15,000. Despite the poor economy, a good year is projected for 2009, as well.
The 2009 budget was approved. The budget projects expenses of $158,740, with an end-of-year net profit of over $25,000.
The meeting was adjourned after about 25 minutes.
The Annual Meeting of the Lycoming Law Association Foundation followed immediately. Chairman William Nichols presided.
Nichols was reelected to a 4 year term on the Board.
The Foundation reported a fairly minimal loss of assets in 2008. This was based on the relatively conservative nature of its investments.
The meeting was then adjourned.
- Minutes of 2008 meeting - Jonathan E. Butterfield
- President's report - Tammy Taylor
- Executive Director Report - Jessica Engel
- Nominating - Tammy Taylor
- Bench Bar Committee - C. Edward S. Mitchell
- Young Lawyers Division - Ryan Tira
- Bar History - Charles F. Greevy, III
- Fee Dispute - Robert Elion
- Community Activities and Outreach - Joel McDermott
- Education - John Pietrovito
- Elder Law - Julieanne E. Steinbacher
- Customs and Rules - Gary Weber
- Real Estate - Fred Holland
- Web site - Gary Weber
- Law Day - Joy McCoy
- Library - Jonathan E. Butterfield
- Mock Trial Competition - John Pietrovito
- Social - Thomas Waffenschmidt
- Unauthorized Practice of Law - Scott A. Williams
- Financial - Balance Sheet - Profit and Loss Statement all 2008 - Michael Collins
- Budget - Brian Bluth
- Legal Services for the Indigent - John Pietrovito
- Pro Bono Report
- Women in the Profession - Tammy Taylor